The Hauppauge School District’s 2020-2021 Budget Brochure has been released.
Adopted by the Hauppauge Board of Education during their meeting on Thursday, May 21, 2020, the proposed Hauppauge School District 2020-2021 Budget represents a $115,735,467 spending plan with a budget decrease of -.28% and a proposed 2.30% increase to the tax levy. This budget meets the Tax Cap and will require a simple majority to pass.
The Proposed Revenues for the Hauppauge School District’s 2020-2021 Budget are as follows:
- Property Taxes: $88,866,467 (76.8%)
- State Aid: $14,046,056 (12.1%)
- Pilots: $6,648,244 (5.7%)
- Fund Balance: $4,285,000 (3.7%)
- Other Income: $989,700 (0.9%)
- Reserves: $900,000 (0.8%)
The Proposed Expenditures for the Hauppauge School District’s 2020-2021 Budget are as follows:
- Salaries: $59,948,090 (51.8%)
- Employee Benefits: $26,557,403 (22.9%)
- General Support: $13,029,508 (11.3%)
- Building, Grounds, Capital Maintenance: $4,193,041 (3.6%)
- Debt Service: $4,652,578 (4.0%)
Should the proposed 2020-2021 Budget fail to pass, the Hauppauge School District will have to adopt a contingency budget with a zero percent tax levy increase. A contingency budget would lead to significant program and staff reductions.
Under New York State (NYS) law, a contingency budget cannot include the following expenditures:
- New equipment
- Free community use of school buildings/grounds
- Capital improvements
Additional information written in both English and Spanish can be found in the Hauppauge School District’s 2020-2021 Budget Brochure, which can be accessed here.